Mustang® Ion Exchange Chromatography Membrane Devices
Mustang membrane products are ideal for efficient contaminant removal and capture of large target molecules for process development, scaling up, screening and optimization. Users benefit from high volumetric throughput and reduced process costs.
Designed as a proprietary Pall membrane product, Mustang Q XT capsules can be used in a disposable format, or for long-term storage and re-use. Mustang Q, S, and E capsules are disposable, single-use devices designed for use in high throughput chromatography.
Pall's AcroPrep™ Advance 96-well filter plates are easy tools to screen chromatography sorbents or perform high throughput purification. The XT Acrodisc unit with Mustang Q or S membrane is an easy-to-use, encapsulated device that features the same 16-layer construction as larger capacity Mustang capsules. The Acrodisc unit with Mustang E membrane is used for the removal of endotoxin from water, buffer, neutral sugars, and certain biological solutions.
Mustang Q XT capsules have been designed for optimum membrane chromatography performance, providing scalability from process development through to full scale manufacturing. Each unit is constructed with the same membrane bed height to maintain scalability for both dynamic binding capacity and pressure drop, and the durable polypropylene housing has been designed to minimize upstream and downstream hold-up volume, enhancing chromatographic performance.
Mustang Q Membrane
Mustang Q membrane is an anion-exchange support with pendant Quaternary amine functional groups in a cross-linked polymeric coating on a 0.8-micron pore-size membrane.
Mustang S Membrane
Mustang S membrane is a cation-exchange support with pendant sulfonic functional groups in a cross-linked polymeric coating on a 0.65 µm pore-size membrane.
Mustang E Membrane
Mustang E membrane is a highly cross-linked quaternized amine charge polymer coating on a 0.2-micron pore size membrane.
- Binding Efficiency: charged bio molecules are readily bound in a single pass.
- Speed: high-flow rates enable the processing of large volumes in less than a single working shift. Mustang units operate at flow rates between 10 to 40 membrane volumes per minute, making them much faster than conventional columns which typically operate at 0.5 column volumes per minute.
- Scalability: full range of sizes accommodates the different volumes and capacities required in bio pharmaceutical processing
- Convenience: ready to use, autoclavable and disposable to eliminate potential packing, cleaning, validation and cross-contamination issues
- Flexibility: available in capsule or cartridge format
- Lower Cost: lower operating costs and capital investment compared to conventional columns that need validated packing and cleaning
Application specific membrane chemistry
Mustang XT capsules are available in 5 mL, 140 mL and 5 L volumes. Mustang Q, S, and E capsules are disposable, single-use devices in 10 mL, 60 mL, 240 mL, 580 mL and 780 mL volumes, available in Q, S, and E chemistry.
Mustang ion-exchange membrane chromatography devices offer a flexible solution in bio-processing, resulting in efficient contaminant removal. Click here to see purchase information or to talk with a Pall expert.