Protect your downstream equipment with Pall
Prevent desiccant bed degradation with our coalescers and filters
Thousands of Oil and Gas engineers across the global Pall family have trusted us to become their prime supplier of filtration and separations solutions. Our extended filter life and simple maintenance protocols have always saved them the time that could’ve been spent on value add process improvements.
This consistency has been inspired from the need to help you achieve some of your most important goals, which are:
- To achieve or exceed natural gas production quotas via reliable treatment of wet gases.
- To maintain process reliability for consistency of production and minimization of downtime.
- To provide consistent on-spec sales gas quality for water content
- To minimize desiccant bed degradation that can lead to premature water breakthrough and
- To minimize pressure drop increase
Ensuring dehydration reliability to meet your daily production quotas and environmental protection needs is our prime goal, so we need to be certain of a few things about the process.
First being that dehydration is the removal of water from natural gas, and this prevents the formation of gas hydrates and subsequent fouling of critical downstream components, reduces corrosion, maximizes pipeline and process efficiencies and protects water sensitive catalysts in refinery processes.
Secondly, to maintain their effectiveness, desiccants must be protected from the free water and liquid hydrocarbon contamination to achieve their anticipated 3-5 year life. Free water causes long term fracturing and dusting of the desiccant granules, while hydrocarbons burn onto the granules during regeneration, progressively reducing moisture and removal capability.
Solutions you can implement today:
- Desiccant bed degradation due to foreign material such as glycol, amine, lube oil, corrosion inhibitors and solids, coating and plugging the pores of the adsorbent and preventing access to the larger interior surface can be largely improved with effective liquid and solid removal upstream of the desiccant beds.
Our high efficiency SepraSol Plus liquid/gas coalescers and Medallion HP liquid/gas coalescers are the perfect solutions you can use today, as they provide 99.999% removal at 0.3 microns per the DOP test and 1 ppb downstream per the modified ANSI/CAGI-400-1999 test procedure.
- You can protect yourself against introduction of slugs of water by as a result of bed damage due to large ingression of liquid water, causing the bed to fracture by capturing these slugs upstream of the desiccant beds.
The SepraSol Plus liquid/gas coalescer assembly has a dual sump provision that accepts most slugs without bypass or loss of removal efficiency. Pall’s full element oleophobically treated SepraSol Plus coalescers also recover very quickly, minimizing the pressure drop across the assembly.
- Simultaneously, you can also protect your downstream equipment such as compressors and catalyst beds through effective solids control downstream of the desiccant beds, from the damage caused to the downstream process equipment which occur due to entrainment of desiccant fines in the dry gas stream.
The DGF Dry Gas Particulate filter removes desiccant fines and other contaminants from the dry hydrocarbon gas stream before it enters the pipeline, compressor or catalyst bed.